A few brave refuseniks aside GPs plan to defy NHS England over early Christmas closure, GPs will of course be running a full service today. But NHS England’s best efforts notwithstanding, Christmas is upon us, and so now seems as good a time as any to look back at another momentous year in general practice.
From CCGs taking on commissioning responsibility, to the troubled rollout of NHS 111, from new faces at the top to a surprisingly even-handed contract deal, it’s been a year of enormous change in general practice. Throw in an explosive exams controversy, Jeremy Hunt at his most provocative and a furious row over maggots and it’s not hard to see why this year has been Pulse’s busiest year yet – in total, we’ve had more than 60,000 reader comments over the past year.
Our GP brainbox of the year competition also offers 25 clinical brainteasers to test your mettle – and you might just win a Samsung Galaxy Tab aswell.
Top five news stories:
Top five analysis and opinions
Latest clinical and CPD
1. Ten minute spine examination: a video module (1.5 CPD hours)
2. Challenges in urology (1 CPD hour)
3. Key questions on joint replacement (1.5 CPD hours)
4. Guideline debrief: neuropathic pain (1.5 CPD hours)
5. How not to miss an ectopic pregnancy (1.5 CPD hours)