This module offers a step-by-step guide to the new commissioning-focused QOF indicators, covering:
- Reviewing the data on secondary care outpatient referrals provided by the PCO
- Comparing your secondary care outpatient referral data with other practices
- Engaging with the development of agreed care pathways for improving the management of patients
- Meeting review the data on emergency admissions provided by the PCO
- Comparing practice performance against the performance of the peer review group or PCO area
After reading this article you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- Has your practice discussed with the PCO the data that you need to review secondary care referrals?
- Have you conducted a review of referrals with at least six other practices?
- Have you produced a report to identify the three care pathways your practice has engaged with?
- Have you conducted a review on emergency admissions?
- Can your practice demonstrate that it has been involved with the development of three agreed pathways aiming to avoid emergency admissions?
This module was first published on 4th May 2011 and was up to date with all key guidelines and evidence at that point. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 4th May 2013 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.