Click here to record your learning points and collect your CPD certificate
Download your certificate
Now record your general learning points about the market reforms based on what you have read to download your certificate.
We have also included some action points you may wish to complete to further enhance your knowledge and increase the time claimed for this module.
Suggested action points – you may delete and substitute with your own if you prefer
– Reflect/enquire which private providers are already providing services in your area and what the advantages and disadvantages of this have been for patients
– The Government is keen for services to be commissioned on quality not price. How can your consortium ensure quality is delivered by local providers in future?
– Do you need to encourage more providers into your area? If so how would you approach this and for which specialties.
– Which steps will your GP consortium need to take in future to ensure it is not excluding potential providers from entering the marketplace?
– Other than private companies or NHS providers, who else could your consortium commission services from?
– Which local factors will affect how the reforms pan out? Eg great loyalty by patients to NHS, campaign to keep local hospital open, large number of young informed middle-class patients that will demand more from services
To collect and download your certificate, please click the button below.
Questions to reflect on
1/ What will the NHS look like under the new market model?
2/ Which factors will be unique to the NHS market, for example loyalty to the NHS?
3/ Why has the Government decided on a market model and what advantages and disadvantages does this pose for GP commissioners?