The Government’s NHS reforms lay GPs open to the risk of serious conflicts of interest. The GPC’s Dr Simon Poole provides guidance on steering clear of controversy.
This module will outline six principles to abide by when commissioning to retain trust in the profession:
1. GPs must not allow inducements to influence commissioning decisions
2. GPs cannot offer enhanced services to practices without independent scrutiny
3. LMC officers should not also be members of CCG boards
4. GPs should avoid any conflict of interest that looks bad
5. Take special care with referral decisions
6. GPs must protect the NHS against fragmentation and unfair competition