This module offers advice on showing CQC inspectors that your practice is responsive, including:
- What evidence to present
- How to commitment to high-quality care
- Demonstrating your employees have been trained in the right skills
After reading this article you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- Do you have, readily available, key forms of evidence such as care pathways, and that you can show they follow recent NICE guidelines. (How do you ensure that you are up to date with the latest clinical guidance? Who processes new NICE guidance and how?)
- Have you compile data on your practice population, and does your practice reflect its needs?
- Have you done recent audits that show you are a responsive practice, such as an audit of complaints that shows improvement in a particular area?
- Do your policies show that your practice is responsive? Check policies on complaints and access in particular.
- Have your staff had training in working with people with disabilities, and information governance?