Pulse wants to hear from GPs and their patients about GPs who should be recognised for their hard work during the pandemic and past year.
We know GPs across the UK have been put to the test and are all changing the face of general practice at this time – so we are asking for as many GP Hero nominations as possible by tomorrow.
A nomination could be down to a GP’s work benefiting the community, or as a result of a single consultation leaving a patient feeling better about their health.
Pulse will be celebrating GPs in this way instead of compiling our annual Power 50 list, which focusses on GPs with national influence.
We are asking that nominations this year are largely for GPs who have not previously appeared in our Power 50, though will make an exception for some honourable mentions.
The final list of nominations will not be numbered as they usually are, but we would still like to include information explaining what makes your GP hero stand out.
To nominate a GP, please send us as much of the following information as possible by Tuesday 7 July on firstname.lastname@example.org :
1. Their name
2. 150-word summary of why they are a hero and what they have done
3. The name of the GP practice they work at
4. The email address of the GP you are nominating (optional, and only with the GP’s consent)
5. The phone number of the GP you are nominating (optional, and only with the GP’s consent)
6. If possible, a high resolution photograph in portrait of the GP you are nominating (head and shoulders included, not cropped out)
Alternatively, you can fill out our survey here.