Read and reflect on four advice-packed articles on the new NHS market – then draw up your own simple action plan to put your learning into practice.
This module will help to improve your understanding of the new NHS market, including:
- How the latest reforms make the NHS market more robust and far-reaching
- What differences the new market will make the big constraints on the health market
- Ensuring that consultants get sufficient training in a more fragmented NHS
- The role for Monitor
After reading these articles on the new NHS market you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 2 CPD credits. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- What will the NHS look like under the new market model?
- Which factors will be unique to the NHS market, for example loyalty to the NHS?
- Why has the Government decided on a market model and what advantages and disadvantages does this pose for GP commissioners?
This module was first published on 24th March 2011 and was up to date with all key guidelines and evidence at that point. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 24th march 2013 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.