Dr Imran Rafi gives an update on identifying and managing genetic disorders in primary care.
This module gives a primary care focused update on developments in genomic medicine, including:
- Referring patients for genetic testing if they are worried about their genetic risk
- Assessing the impact that pharmacogenetics will have on primary care
- Altering environmental factors to manage some diseases with a genetic basis
- Updating knowledge on available genetic screening
- Considering how advances in biomedical informatics and genetic databases will impact on general practice
This module was first published on 19 November 2010 and was up to date with all key guidelines and evidence at that point. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 19 November 2012 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.