ENT consultant Mr Andy Bath advises on the key signs and pitfalls in diagnosing an acoustic neuroma.
This module will review common presentations of an acoustic neuroma in primary care, including:
• Identifying symptoms and signs, including sudden or gradual hearing loss
• Understanding the epidemiology of acoustic neuromas
• Questioning the patient to rule out differential diagnoses such as meningiomas or epidermoids
• Referring patients for pure tone audiometry or speech discrimination and auditory brainstem response
• Referring patients for an MRI or high-resolution CT scan
This module will be free for all registered members of Pulse Learning until 19 January 2012