Read and reflect on these two articles, giving a practical overview of the any willing provider model- then draw up your own simple action plan to put your learning into practice.
This module will offer advice on the any willing provider model, covering:
- Why AWP use is set to grow
- What has to be tendered
- Getting on the list
- Understanding the potential pitfalls of AWP – for both providers and commissioners
After reading these articles you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- Why was any willing provider introduced?
- Could all services be provided under any willing provider?
- What are the pros and cons of any willing provider for commissioners and providers?
This module was first published on 7th December 2010 and was up to date with all key guidelines and evidence at that point. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 7th December 2012 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.
The articles that form the basis of this module appeared in Practical Commissioning magazine
Article only | Full CPD module