Orthopaedic surgeon Mr David Goodier answers GP Dr Colin Kenny's questions on the role of primary care in managing fractures.
To provide a primary care focused update on issues including:
- The recognition and management of vertebral wedge fractures of the spine
- Assessing patients with a suspected fractured neck of femur
- The types of fractures which require antibiotics
- Immobilisation of suspected limb fracture
- Loss of function following elbow fracture
This module was first published on 26 January 2011. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 26 January 2013 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.