This module will discuss how to manage symptoms and problems associated with the menopause, including issues such as:
- Prescribing HRT in early menopausal women
- Considering a family history of breast cancer before prescribing HRT
- Using raloxifene to prevent the progression of osteoporosis
- Managing menopausal hot flushes using drugs such as clonidine, gabapentin or progestogens
- Advising patients on herbal remedies to help manage menopausal symptoms
- Managing postmenopausal loss of libido, for example using testosterone therapy
This module was first published on 4 February 2011 and was up to date with all key guidelines and evidence at that point. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 4 February 2013 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.