GP with an interest in dermatology Dr Keli Thorsteinsson answers GP Dr Mandy Fry’s questions on treating fungal infections, ingrowing toenails, brittle nails and spotting signs of systemic disease.
This module will refresh your knowledge of managing nail disorders in primary care, covering:
- Deciding whether to treat onychomycosis
- Examining the hands and nails for clues to systemic disease
- Treating ingrowing toenails and advising patients on prevention
- Managing patients with brittle nails
- Advising patients who want to access chiropody services privately
This module will be free for all registered members of Pulse-learning until 12 October 2011.
Dr Keli Thorsteinsson is a GP in Shropshire and completed the postgraduate diploma in practical dermatology from Cardiff University in 2010. He is currently working towards GPSI dermatology status
Dr Mandy Fry is a GP in Cirencester and senior primary care lecturer at Oxford Brookes University