GUM physicians Dr David Barlow and Dr Helen Williams answer Dr Keith Hopcroft’s questions on managing STIs in primary care.
This module will give a GP focused overview of diagnosing and managing common STIs, including:
- Identifying specific groups who are at particular risk
- Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) for chlamydia and gonorrhoea
- Treating anogenital warts
- Which patients should be offered HIV testing
- Advising patients who present after a casual sexual encounter
- The role of STIs in male and female infertility