This module will update your knowledge on making use of family histories, including issues such as:
- Collecting a family history on registration, or opportunistically by the GP or nurse
- Collating and storing family histories in patient records
- Interpreting family history in primary care using risk assessment tools, such as ‘Family History Risk Assessment Software'
- Advising patients on using self-administered tools to record family histories
- Feeding back familial risk information to patients