GP and clinical assistant in osteoporosis Dr Pam Brown’s guide to managing four primary care case histories.
This module develops GPs’ knowledge on:
- use of calcium and vitamin D supplementation
- when DXA scanning is recommended
- risk of osteoporotic fracture
- bisphosphonates in fracture prevention
- use of RANK ligand antagonists
- causes of osteoporosis
- use of strontium ranelate.
This module was first published on 2 March 2011 and was up to date with all key guidelines and evidence at that point. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 2 March 2013 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.
Dr Pam Brown is a GP in Swansea and a clinical assistant in osteoporosis at Singleton Hospital, Swansea