Consultant ophthalmic surgeon Professor Sunil Shah discusses the key issues GPs face when referring patients.
This module will offer hints and tips on referring patients to ophthalmology, covering:
- Referring for cataract surgery
- Diagnosing glaucoma and managing ocular hypertension
- Determining the causes of red eye
- Referring patients with pain after trauma to the eye
- Rapidly referring sudden onset of metamorphopsia
- Whether to refer patients for an opinion on laser eye surgery
This module is free for all registered members of Pulse Learning until 16th November 2011.