Vascular naevi are common but correct diagnosis of the type of lesion is vital to know the prognosis, the likelihood of complications and whether investigations and treatment are indicated. This picture-based CPD module will work through six cases where the patient presented with vascular skin lesions.
This module will:
- Test your diagnostic skills by asking you to identify skin lesions from a short case history and photo
- Update you on which lesions need treatment and which do not
- Outline treatment options when appropriate
- Indicate where dermoscopy can aid diagnosis of a vascular naevus
- Advise on when a lesion should be referred for histopathology
At the beginning of each case you will be asked to study a picture of the lesion plus a brief case history and then be asked to pick a diagnosis. You will then be updated on the management of the condition before moving on to the next.
At the end of the module your knowledge will be tested using a 10 question assessment which will be scored.