GPs have a vital role in identifying VTE but diagnosing a deep vein thrombosis can be challenging – 90% of patients referred with a suspected DVT do not have one. This interactive module uses four cases histories to update you on the GP diagnosis, investigation and management of VTE.
To improve your understanding of:
- NICE recommendations for management of DVT
- NICE recommendations for management of PE
- The use of VTE clinical prediction tools
- The value of point of care D-dimer testing in primary care
- Management of post-thrombotic syndrome
In this interactive module, you will learn as you work through real-life primary care patient scenarios. You will be assessed before starting the module and again at the end, to gauge how your knowledge has improved.
You don't have to complete the whole module in one sitting. You can break off at any point mid-module and pick up again where you left off by pressing the Resume Module button alongside the module title in your Pulse Learning CPD log.