GP allergy specialist Dr John Stevenson rounds up recent developments in managing allergy.
This module will give a primary care focused update on new developments in allergy, covering:
- Trying to desensitise children to food allergens by slow exposure
- Diagnosing a true food allergy
- Trialling elimination of the suspected food
- Identifying patients who are allergic to penicillin
- Using sublingual immunotherapy for patients with allergic rhinitis
- Prescribing of adrenaline autoinjectors to children after allergic reactions
Dr John Stevenson is a respiratory GPSI in Manchester and runs a community allergy service.