GP and child health specialist Dr Mary Macdonald rounds up recent developments in child health.
This module will give a GP-focused update on child heath issues, including:
- Using the World Health Organization growth charts
- Diagnosing and assessing food allergies in children with, for example, severe or recurrent asthma, eczema or anaphylaxis
- Controlling asthma symptoms and exacerbations with low-dose inhaled steroids
- Advising parents about the effect of passive smoking on their child's blood pressure
- Treating nocturnal enuresis with an alarm or desmopressin
Dr Mary Macdonald is a GP in Glasgow and a former paediatric specialist.