ENT GPSI Dr Rakesh Chopra outlines five key developments in ear, nose and throat medicine.
To provide an update on five recent key developments in ENT and their impact on GP practice:
- Updated guidance on management of sore throat and the indications for tonsillectomy
- Evidence suggesting proton-pump inhibitors can induce symptoms of extraoesophageal reflux
- Studies confirming the link between rhinitis and asthma
- Balloon sinuplasty shown to be safe and effective as a treatment for chronic sinusitis
- NICE guidance on cochlear implants