This module offers advice on ways that GPs can upskill receptionists, covering:
- Training and education
- Ways to save costs on training and staffing
After reading these articles you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
Consider devising a list of discrete administrative tasks which could feasibly be delegated to receptionists.
- Do your receptionists have an annual appraisal? Is a PDP an integral part of this?
- Are you aware of local training resources? Could some staff training be provided in house – including by retired or semi retried staff? Are there opportunities to share training with neighbouring practices?
- Are key members of staff likely to retire soon? Do you have a succession plan?
- Can the CQC approval process act as a catalyst to upskill reception staff?