This module offers advice on running online appointment booking and online repeat prescribing, including
- How many appointments to offer
- How to improve uptake
- How to manage the new workflow for online repeat prescription requests
After reading these articles you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- Do you have a protocol to manage the new workflow of online repeat prescription requests? Have you involved all relevant practice staff?
- Have you thought through what proportion of appointments to offer online and how to protect the system from abuse?
- Have you a clear policy on how to manage requests for online access from younger patients (aged 16-18)?
- Have you worked through the online processes personally, using a dummy patient?
- Are you promoting the service adequately? Have the receptionists been trained to encourage sign-up?