This module offers advice on the new CQC regime, covering:
- New questions the CQC inspectors will ask about your practice
- What evidence to collect
- How to ensure your feedback is varied enough
- What to discuss during a strategy meeting before your inspection
After reading these articles you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- Have you checked carefully through your online CQC registration details to ensure they are accurate?
- Do all relevant staff know how and where to access all necessary evidence? Are these documents in-date, and do staff understand the issues these documents might raise?
- Are all staff members aware of what to expect from the CQC visit? Have key personnel read the relevant documents on the CQC website?
- Are you and your administration staff aware of the ‘five key questions’ and ‘six patient groups’ which will be on the CQC’s agenda?
- Do you have plenty of feedback from patients? Can you demonstrate that you have acted on this feedback? If not, can you rectify this problem at short notice?
- Consider whether you need a strategy meeting – well before the CQC ‘two week warning’ – to iron out all the above.