This module will offer four steps GPs should take when writing a business plan to develop premises. They are:
- Gather background information
- Look for opportunities to support your CCG
- Build a business plan
- Get third party support to make the financial case
After reading these articles you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
1. What are your practice’s current premises arrangements? Are your premises suitable? What are your plans to develop or move, and what are the timescales? How would you tackle each of the five aspects in the business plan? To reireate, these are:
- a room plan
- an appraisal of your options
- a patient consultation
- a project plan
- a risk management plan.
2. Do you know which third parties could support your move, such as investors and advisors?
3. How could your practice develop itself to support the CCG? If you’re not sure, how will you research potential opportunities?