Sleeping disorders - Hot topics (2 CPD hours)
An interactive, primary care case-based update on recent developments in GP diagnosis and management of insomnia – including drug and non-drug interventions, hypnotics, melatonin- as well as benzodiazepine dependence and a quick update on obstructive sleep apnoea.
To improve your understanding of sleep disorders including:
- The prevalence of insomnia
- How to distinguish between primary insomnia, secondary insomnia and other sleep disorders
- The latest on the psychological and behavioural treatment of insomnia
- The pharmacological treatment of insomnia- including advice on matching the drug to the patient
- The role of melatonin
- How to manage benzodiazepine dependence
- A brief update on the latest research on obstructive sleep apnoea
In this interactive module, you will learn as you work through real-life primary care patient scenarios. You will be assessed before starting the module and again at the end, to gauge how your knowledge has improved.
You don’t have to complete the whole module in one sitting. You can break off at any point mid-module and pick up again where you left off by