Type 2 diabetes - Hot topics (2 CPD hours)
An interactive, primary care case-based update on recent developments in GP diagnosis, management, screening and targets for hyperglycaemia in type 2 diabetes. Plus a round up of managing cardiovascular risk.
To improve your understanding of type 2 diabetes including:
- 2012 NICE guidance on the prevention of diabetes
- 2011 revised criteria on the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes from the WHO
- First, second and third-line treatment options including newer drugs
- The latest on HbA1c targets
- Suitable first-line insulin regimes
- Insulin use and driving in type 2 diabetes
- Lipid and blood pressure control in type 2 diabetes
In this interactive module, you will learn as you work through real-life primary care patient scenarios. You will be assessed before starting the module and again at the end, to gauge how your knowledge has improved.
You don’t have to complete the whole module in one sitting. You can break off at any point mid-module and pick up again where you left off by pressing the Resume Module button alongside the module title in your Pulse Learning CPD log.