Making the most of the 2014/5 QOF (1 CPD hour)
Dr Gavin Jamie suggests 10 practical ways that GPs can maximise their performance under the new-look framework
This module offers advice on ways that GP partners can go part-time, covering:
- Indicators that have been changed or been removed from the 2014/5 QOF
- Ways to maintain quality of care when work is not monitored as part of the QOF
- Ways to use QOF data to your advantage when pitching for contracts and enhanced services
After reading these articles you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- Are you familiar with which parts of the QOF are being discontinued? Has this information been disseminated to all relevant staff eg practice manager, practice nurses?
- Have you discussed as a practice and agreed which retired parts of the QOF you might decide to continue with regardless, for clinical reasons?
- Are you clear on the changes to timescales and how this might affect your recall/review schedule?
- Consider how you will use staff time ‘freed up’ by the reduction in QOF – and, in particular, how you might divert your energies into the new Admissions Avoidance DES.
- Might your QOF data feed into any potential local health issues/LESs?