One of the largest Covid studies relevant to General Practice in the UK
This information is sourced from the Primary Care Clinical Trials Unit, University of Oxford:
Led by the Primary Care Clinical Trials Unit at Oxford University. The Platform Randomised trial of Interventions against COVID-19 in older people (PRINCIPLE) trial will involve hundreds of GP practices. It will test which pharmacological treatments are more effective at reducing morbidity in high risk patients with COVID-19,
A representative from an interested practice should email the trial recruitment team:
email@example.com Telephone 0800 138 0880
Questions the recruitment officer will ask:
1. Is the practice part of the RCGP Research and Surveillance Network? ( practice is still eligible if not)
2. Is the practice registered with ImmForm? (vaccine register)
3. Is there a GP lead who has completed the NIHR Good Clinical Practice training within the last 3 years, or is willing to complete the e-learning training (approx. 4 hours) or refresher (3 hours)?
4. Which clinical system does the practice use?
5. Is there a supply of swabs at the practice?
6. Is the practice active or willing to start sending self-swabs to patients?