Dr Heathcote’s article covers:
- advice on the induction process for new partners
- communication tips
- HR and legal advice
After reading this article you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some suggested questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- Are you aware of the different forms of contract for a new doctor taken on ‘with a view’ to partnership? Do you know where to seek advice?
- Do you have a formal induction programme?
- What roles could your new partner reasonably take on?
- Does your new partner have a mentor? Do mentor and new partner have protected time to discuss any issues that arise? Is there a clear timetable for review over the mutual assessment period?
- Are you clear on the principles of giving feedback?
- What steps should the partnership take to integrate the new partner into both the practice and the locality?