This module offers advice on setting up video consultations in practice including:
- Recommended video-to-video software packages
- Advice on hardware requirements
- Recruiting patients
- Setting up a video appointments process
- How to run a video consultation
After reading this article you will be asked to record your learning points and some action points to earn a suggested 1 CPD credit. Below are some questions to reflect on as you work through the module:
- Would video consultations be suitable for your practice? Explore why/why not. Have you discussed them before? Are some partners uncomfortable with the idea?
- If you were to implement Dr Hussain’s advice, how would your practice have to adapt his system differently, and can you forecast any clear issues or problems that might arise, given his description of how the system worked for him?
- What advantages might video calls offer your practice? Consider
- Pressure on access