The Pulse Covid-19 Primary Care Resources tool is designed to support GPs in their consultations. The site, founded by Dr Poppy Freeman, a GP herself in Camden, contains the latest guidance on a vast array of conditions and presentations during the pandemic.
All GPs are aware of the huge numbers of documents being released by the various professional and regulatory bodies, charities, and NHS organisations since the start of the pandemic.
We have summarised these, grouping them by conditions or patient presentations. All our summary pages contain up-to-date information, and useful resources to pass on to your patients during the consultations.
You can use this whichever way you like, but here are our tips for getting the most out of it:
- Bookmark the microsite for use in a face-to-face or remote consultation.
- You can search for the topic most relevant, or pick from our list of categories.
- You can look at the summaries of the latest guidance on each page. If you need to know the guidance in more depth during or after the consultation, the page contains links to the original source, which is updated weekly. (Please let us know at email@example.com if you come across a broken or out-of-date link).
- Some pages contain fact sheets, exercises and other resources that can be downloaded and given directly to your patients, including activities for kids during lockdowns.
- This doesn’t need to be used during consultations. There is enough information to refresh your knowledge or find new guidance that you didn’t know existed between patients.
- Our ‘Ask the Expert’ feature utilises our wide-ranging specialist contacts to answer any queries you have around treating patients during the pandemic. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any questions you would like answered.
The most important thing, however, is browse the whole microsite and find the best way it can work for you.
This was designed to help GPs, and we are eager to make changes that will help you. If you have any suggestions around what we can do better, please email us on email@example.com