Two new faces have been appointed to the BMA team leading GMS contract negotiations with the Government and NHS Employers.
Humberside LMC Medical Director and workforce lead Dr Krishna Kasaraneni joins the top team alongside Dr Farah Jameel who is responsible for the GP Committee’s workload management brief.
Incumbent executive member Dr Mark Sanford-Wood has been promoted to deputy chair, replacing the vacancy left by current chair Dr Richard Vautrey.
Dr Vautrey said: ‘The depth of experience and talent in this new GPC England executive team and policy lead group will now be working closely with me to hold the Government to account and start to turn around this crisis facing general practice.’
The GPC also confirmed the heads for each of its UK policy teams:
- Andrew Green – Clinical and prescribing
- Simon Poole – Commissioning and provider development/working at scale
- Bob Morley – Contracts and regulation
- David Bailey – Dispensing and pharmacy
- Krishna Kasaraneni – Education, training and workforce
- Chandra Kanneganti – GP Forward View (England only)
- Paul Cundy – Information management, technology and information
- Ian Hume – Premises and practice finance
- Bruce Hughes – Representation
- Farah Jameel – Workload management