This module will update your knowledge on sexual health, including:
- Diagnosing and treating common STIs such as gonorrhoea and herpes
- Empirical antibiotic treatment for pelvic inflammatory disease
- Managing difficult cases, such as suspected child abuse or non-disclosure of a HIV diagnosis
- Chlamydia testing, treatment and partner notification
- Managing STIs during pregnancy and delivery
Key questions on sexually transmitted infections:
Dr Helen Williams is a final year specialist registrar in GUM and HIV at St Thomas’ Hospital, London.
Dr David Barlow is consultant in GUM at St Thomas’ Hospital.
Pelvic inflammatory disease
Dr Mary Harrison is a GP with a special interest in sesual healtrh in Glasgow
Ten Top Tips on chlamydia
Dr Olwen Williams is clinical director of the integrated sexual health service at North Wales NHS Trust. She has a special interest in STDs in adolescents and children. She was awarded an OBE in 2006 for services to medicine in Wales
Dilemmas in sexual health
Dr Colm O’Mahony and Dr Nicola Steedman are consultant physicians in genitourinary and HIV medicine at the Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Sexually transmitted infections in pregnancy
Dr Sarah Allstaff is a consultant GU physician at the Tayside Sexual and Reproductive Health Service, NHS Tayside.
Dr Janet Wilson is a consultant in GUM at the Centre for Sexual Health, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. She is vice-president of the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH).
Article only | Full CPD module