Dates for your diary in 2012
Key events and deadlines for general practice in 2012
• BMA surveys members on the Government's final pensions offer. BMA Council will consider the results of the poll on 18 January, with a rejection of the offer set to trigger a ballot on industrial action.
• The health bill to move to report stage in the House of Lords, offering peers a final chance to amend the reforms.
• The GPC holds a centenary meeting to celebrate both its 100th anniversary and 100 years of LMCs.
• Controversial practice boundary pilots launched in Manchester, London and Nottingham.
• Commissioners to open up at least three services to any qualified provider.
• CQC registers GP out-of-hours services.
• Annual LMCs conference takes place in Liverpool.
• BMA's 2012 annual representative meeting takes place in Bournemouth. Ongoing concerns over the health bill and the shift to GP commissioning are likely to dominate
• GPC negotiators expected to launch talks with NHS Employers on 2013/14 GP contract.
• GMC to publish its second report on the state of medical education and practice.
• RCGP hosts 2012 annual conference in Glasgow, with a theme of global general practice.
• Revalidation to begin. GMC has confirmed the process will go ahead even if issues of remediation are not resolved.
• CQC registration process for GP practices opens, ahead of April 2013 deadline for registration.