Gynaecological surgeon Dr Sean Kehoe considers ovarian cancer in primary care.
This module will refresh your knowledge of ovarian cancer, using primary care case histories to cover:
- Identifying combinations of symptoms that should alert you to ovarian cancer
- Investigating the patient with physical examination, ultrasound and a CA125 test
- Assessing a woman’s risk given a positive family history
- Managing a pre-menopausal, non-high risk woman who requests screening
- Discussing prognosis with a patient
Dr Sean Kehoe is a surgeon and part of the Gynaecological Oncology Multidisciplinary Team at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, and president of the British Gynaecological Cancer Society