Elderly care physician Professor Stephen Allen talks about the management of respiratory conditions.
A practical look at long term maintenance treatment including:
- How treatment issues differ in older people
- Barriers to an adequate inhaler technique
- Choosing the right treatment for asthma and COPD
- Add-on treatments for difficult asthma
- When to withdraw treatment
This module was first published on 24 September 2010 and was up to date with all key guidelines and evidence at that point. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 24 September 2012 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.