Cardiology GPSIs Dr Matthew Fay and Dr Andreas Wolff answer GP Dr Sabby Kant’s questions on diagnosing and treating atrial fibrillation.
This module will update your knowledge of atrial fibrillation, including:
- Causes of, and risk factors for, AF
- Assessing and managing stroke risk
- Use of anticoagulation in stroke prevention
- Considering patients for electrophysiological investigations and ablation treatment
- The difference between rate and rhythm control
This module was first published on 9 June 2010 and was up to date with all key guidelines and evidence at that point. It will be reviewed as part of our routine update cycle by 9 June 2012 but will be updated sooner to reflect any key guideline changes.