23 May: Mental Health Forum 2012
Working together to improve clinical care and commissioning in mental health at a one-day event.
A one-day national conference on achieving the best possible outcomes for patients with mental health conditions. This free-to-attend event will bring together GPs, hospital specialists and other partners in mental health from local authorities, the private and third sector. It will offer an unparalleled opportunity to share ideas on working together effectively to commission and deliver mental health services now and in the future. The programme will cover key clinical topics, reflecting the realities of day-to-day practice, as well as showcasing examples of real innovation in service provision.
Conference highlights will include presentations by world-leading experts on dementia, medically unexplained symptoms, depression, anxiety and schizophrenia, and the links between mental and physical ill health. Delegates will gain up-to-date clinical knowledge and practical advice on how to shape services locally to meet the key objectives of the cross-Government mental health strategy, No Health Without Mental Health.
Did you know?
- Mental ill health costs the economy £105bn a year - more than the entire NHS budget1
- Mental health accounts for a quarter of all GP consultations1
- People with severe mental illness live some 15 years less than their peers1
- 400,000 people in the UK may have undiagnosed dementia2
- Depression is associated with 67 per cent increased mortality from cardiovascular disease3
- 70 per cent of people with medically unexplained symptoms also suffer depression and anxiety disorders4
Top reasons to attend this conference
- Update your clinical skills and knowledge
- Hear the latest evidence and guidelines on early diagnosis and successful management of mental health conditions
- Learn about new treatment approaches and potential new drugs
- Discuss with colleagues how best to meet patients' needs
- Be inspired by examples of best practice in care provision
- Participate more fully in the new commissioning landscape
- Ensure mental health services in your locality reflect the key aims of the Government's mental health strategy
- Attend a lively exhibition and network with peers
Who should attend?
- Hospital specialists: consultant psychiatrists, old age psychiatrists, neurologists, elderly care physicians, geriatricians, clinical psychologists
- GPs: GP partners, GPSIs, registrars
- Commissioners: clinical commissioning group mental health leads, PCT cluster staff, health and well being board members
- Directors of mental health trusts
- Local authority leaders, directors of social care, elected councillors, members of housing teams and drug and alcohol services
- Professionals working within community mental health teams and child and adolescent mental health services
- Community psychiatric nurses, occupational therapists, psychotherapists
- Voluntary and independent sector: professionals involved with voluntary, charitable, social enterprise and independent provider organisations
- User group members
What is the cost?
We are delighted to announce that this event is FREE to attend for the first 300 NHS and local authority delegates and £99 +VAT thereafter.
The cost is £199 +VAT for the private sector.